Friday, June 01, 2007

Dan Bartlett quits. Oh, that’s just great!

Dan Bartlett quit the White House today. The news media are describing him as “the one person who could give George Bush bad news.” The example given is that it was he that broke through the bubble surrounding King George the Incompetent to let him know that things weren’t going well in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit.

Michael Wolf of Vanity Fair says that he smells a rat. Specifically, a rat jumping a sinking ship.

If it is Bartlett’s job to break bad news to Dumb Dubya, I can imagine that his job is going to get a lot tougher The Democrats control congress, and there are 11 candidates running for the Republican nomination, all or almost all of whom are trying to distance themselves from Bush. The scandals just keep coming, and Big Mitch predicts that we are going to hear a lot more about “caging” in the weeks to come. His base is turning on Dubya, and immigration is merely the most conspicuous issue.

But the really scary part is that there will be nobody around the president who can say anything other than, “Oh, that’s just great, Mr. President.”

“… and tell ’em Big Mitch sent ya!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

King George the Worst.

Anonymous said...

Good to see someone from Alaska. I use to live in Wasls...I can't spell the damn town now it is about 40 miles north from you in MatSu. I lived there from 1991 til 95 or 96. Sorry about my writing I have had a stroke. Did alot of writing there. I was on the school board too. I'm gay but had to live in the closet there. that place was soo full of curbrption. I'm glad to be out of there and free to be me.